- Councilmember, Woodinville City Council
- Vice Chair, Woodinville Planning Commission
- President of The Woodinville Conservancy, a neighborhood nonprofit group with the mission of preserving safety and quality of life in Woodinville through land use advocacy
- Member, Citizens Advisory Panel for the City of Woodinville Sustainable Development Project
- Expert witness in local land use hearings
- Research and teaching experience in geologic hazards: earthquakes, landslides, erosion, flooding, etc.
- 20-year Woodinville resident
- Vice President, Plymouth Healing Communities, a Seattle nonprofit with a successful program
for ending the cycle of mental illness and homelessness
- Currently employed in the local software industry
- B.S. in Geology, B.A. in Economics, cum laude, Hope College. National Merit Scholar.
- Master of Science in Geology, Minor in Geophysics, Caltech
- Candidacy ("all but doctorate"), Geology, UC Berkeley